Thursday, April 15, 2010

Cherry Blossom 10 Miler - Check







On Sunday April 11th I ran my first long race of the year and first long race really in over a year and a half! I was definitely was not sure what to expect for this race, as I have been having all these lovely nagging injuries over the past few weeks that haven't been the best for training.

However on Sunday I simply put it all aside and for the first time in a while- really 'raced!' I ran over a minute faster than I thought I was in shape to run so I was so excited about my race! I heard people shouting and cheering for me all over the course - so thank you to all who where there to cheer me on (Kent and Nichole) and to everyone else who did cheer me on - it was so helpful and gave me a glimpse of what I hope Marine Corp Marathon will be like :)

19th women overall - I am getting there - October 31st will be here before I know it!! Just got to work on that last 400 meters - yeah not only could I not catch the Olympic Champion in front of me but I was literally crying as I finished! haha











1 comment: